The Dauphin Island Sea Lab’s Summer University Program is proud to offer undergraduate classes during the academic year. Our SeaMester program is designed to give hands on and on the water experiences during college courses that you can not receive while on our MESC campuses.
Currently, undergraduate courses are offered in the Spring and Summer. Students may take the courses during their junior or senior year with the option of living in residence on Dauphin Island.
The undergraduate courses are open to any in-state or out-of-state students.
- Find a MESC School and contact their Liason officer
- Register with your MESC School
- Register at DISL
- Confirm your registration with your MESC School and DISL
Students who do not attend a MESC school will need to coordinate their interests with DISL’s University Programs registrar.
- Complete the online DISL undergraduate application.
- You will need to provide proof of registration with your home MESC school.
- Complete the vessel release and medical release forms. Notary required on each. You will upload these forms during the application process.
- Once you complete your application, you will receive a login to Populu via email.
- Login to Populi to register for the classes you want to take under the student tab.
- Click the + or - icons to add or delete a class.
- Press save when you have your preferred courses selected.
- Select the my profile tab, then the registration tab.
- Email your proof of registration to DISL UP Registrar
- To view you registration you may login to your student populi account with your username and password.
- Contact DISL University Programs Registrar if you forgot your login.
- Reach our to your Liason officer or School Registrar to confirm your registration on your home campus.
For more information contact DISL University Programs Registrar via email email@example.com by phone (251)861-2141, ext. 7526.